While some people visit a random oral hygienist only when a problem arises, others regularly see a trusted family dentist and reap the benefits. Here are a few advantages of developing a relationship with a family dentist:
1. A Family Dentist Will Give You Personal Care
A family dental clinic that takes pride in its work is likely to give you warm and friendly service. We acknowledge that many people feel apprehensive about visiting a dentist. That’s why at Dentistry on 7th we’re committed and trained to make you feel as comfortable as possible.
2. You Can Develop a Trusting Relationship with a Family Dentist
There are many reasons why it’s important to trust your dentist. With trust, you can communicate openly and honestly. And the facts you share will help your dentist diagnose your symptoms accurately.
What’s more, you can share your fears with a family dentist you trust. This can help you feel more relaxed during treatment. Also, you are more likely to maintain appointments with such a dentist because of your strong relationship.
At Dentistry on 7th we realize that trust is a precious commodity. It develops over time through consistently good service. That’s why our longstanding relationships with our customers are a source of pride for us.
Trust is especially important when treating children. At Dentistry on 7th we specialize in dentistry services for children so that our younger clients look forward to their next visit with us. Here are a few things we do differently:
- We’re always passionate about treating younger clients. We realize that every kid is different, and we’re ready to cater to their individual needs.
- We offer entertainment options to keep your child relaxed and happy during their stay.
- We offer laughing gas as well as sedation for children who need a little help staying relaxed during treatment.
- We believe that prevention is better than cure. That’s why we have services such as diagnostic exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments, and sealants for your little ones.
- We offer treatments that are painless yet effective to help kids have a stress-free experience.
It takes regular brushing, flossing, and visits to the dentist to maintain good oral hygiene. However, we realize that some people may find it challenging to develop these practices in adulthood. That’s why we recommend you start teaching your little ones early about oral care.
By bringing your young ones to the family dentist, you’re putting them on the path to good oral hygiene for life. They will develop the right habits and learn the importance of oral care. We also encourage you to lead by example, because your little ones will try to emulate their role models.
Of course, you should trust your child’s health with only the best health care practitioners. Meet our pediatric dentists — a team of professionals who are highly experienced and trained, with multiple qualifications in many fields of oral health care.
While misaligned teeth can be treated in adulthood, treatment is most effective in childhood when the jaw is still growing. Here, using a variety of appliances like braces, we can correct the jaw’s shape over time.
Your child may have an orthodontic issue if they grind or clench their teeth, suck their thumb, have protruding teeth or a misaligned bite, or shed any teeth earlier or later than normal. By visiting Dentistry on 7th you can catch such issues early and have the convenience of planning your child’s future treatment.
The best family dentists treat people of all ages. For adults, we offer root canal therapy, cosmetic surgery, implants, Invisalign® and more. We also have multiple products for the elderly:
- Our dentures help the elderly maintain a good quality of life. These prosthetics are convenient to use because they are removable. Moreover, they are affordable, especially when compared to alternatives like dental bridges or implants.
- For patients interested in an attractive and more permanent alternative to dentures, we suggest our All-On-4 implant system. These replacement teeth are comfortable to use and are readied by our clinic in 24 hours.
3. Your Family Dentist Will Know Your History
A family dentist will have the advantage of knowing your dental history. Knowledge of past diseases, treatments, surgeries, sensitivities, and allergies will help them treat you better with customized treatment plans. Likewise, a proactive family dentist is more likely to notice new symptoms since your last checkup. For example, if your gums suddenly begin receding, your dentist will help you keep any new bad habits in check. And if your family dentist notices any new lesions, they’ll take further action.
At Dentistry on 7th, we use the latest dental equipment to provide you with the best possible care. Our Doctor of Dental Surgery, Dr. Sarna, strongly believes in preventative care. Using the painless Velscope Oral Cancer Screening System, he examines patients for early signs of oral cancer. Early screening is an important tool in the fight against this rare but deadly disease.
Your family dentist will also know your family’s history. This helps because certain issues are genetic. For example, if your orthodontist has already treated one of your children for orthodontic issues, they’ll be more vigilant for similar problems when treating their younger siblings.
4. Having a Family Dentist is Convenient
This may seem obvious, but it’s convenient to have the same dentist for the entire household. You can simplify your life by scheduling appointments for multiple family members on the same date at Dentistry on 7th.
You can also reach out to a trustworthy family dental clinic for urgent help. Should there be an emergency, like a broken tooth, your family dentist is merely a phone call away.
These are some of the reasons why it’s important to have a family dentist. If you’re looking for one, then look no further than Dentistry on 7th. Our team of highly qualified, skilled, and friendly professionals use the latest technology and are trained to compassionately serve any member of your family.
We are honoured to have served many happy customers. And we’re equally honoured to have received multiple Reader’s Choice and Patient’s Choice awards. Come visit one of our clinics today and let our family take care of yours.